Monday 28 November 2011

Update - Reading not writing

I think my muse has been stolen by all the books I've been reading. I've read some fantastic stuff over the last few months. Namely The Book Thief. What an utterly amazing book. A fantastic point of view, beautiful writing and a story that made me cry!

I'm now working my way though Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I'm enjoying it more than Game of Thrones (which I read after I'd seen the TV show) but it's so long! I'm half way through and already itching to read one of the other new books I have.

I have been writing. I'm about half way through Tain's story and am beginning to consider rewriting Sanctuary. I've got ideas for it, lots to change, more baddies and general peril. I'm glad the ideas are coming but I'm still not ready to give it another go.

Writing has just been difficult. I thing GRRM has stolen my mojo. I can't even write the drabbly bits of Flash Fiction I love so dearly. I'm focusing a lot on my fashion blog and I am buying a house so there's lots in my life that's just getting in the way of writing.

I've got ideas and stories in my head but when I sit down to get on with it I'm hit with a huge sense of apathy. I just can't be bothered. I may leave it for a while and not bother too much about getting on with anything until after I've moved. Hopefully once that's all sorted and Christmas is out of the way I can get on with Tain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!